Today, we have more than thousands of active kelulut colonies throughout our kelulut bee farms.
Stingless bee is also widely known as ‘Kelulut’ in Malaysia. Kelulut are biologically different from Honey Bees eg. Apis mellifera in many significant ways.
But what makes stingless bee honey different? Unlike other bee honey, kelulut honey is stored in propolis pot. Therefore, nutrition and goodness of propolis will infuse into kelulut honey and provide a great source of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial.
They have populated for over 50 million years in tropical forests and kelulut honey is used by old folks as a traditional remedy for illnesses and diseases. Only until recent years, Meliponiculture (Stingless Bee Keeping) started to receive attention again because of kelulut honey, propolis and bee pollen are high in nutritional value and it has medical properties which are being used as a remedy for illnesses and also diseases.
There are more than 600 species in the world and in Malaysia, there are approximately 45 kelulut species. With their size range from 3mm to 13mm long, they are effective to sip nectar from deepest space in tiny flowers. As a result, their honey contains more vitamins and minerals. Kelulut also harvest pollen and resins from flowers and trees. Kelulut honey, propolis and pollen are the three products originated from kelulut hives.
THE BENEFITS OF STINGLESS BEE
– Contain high levels of flavoniods, phenolic acids, active enzymes, organic acid and other elements.
– Contain higher antioxidant than other honey
– Contain lower reducing sugar (glucose and fructose)
– Enhance immunity and digestive system
– Improve sleeping patterns
– Relief cough, sore throat and mouth ulcers
– Beauty care and slow down aging process
– Expedite healing process of wounds and bruises